Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Murphy’s Law

For the last couple of days I have woken up to sunshine. Then I listen to Wally Weatherman forecast rain all morning. Meanwhile the sun is still shining. Then shortly before 8 am it starts to get cloudy and sprinkle. Why? Because all the elementary school kids go to school between 8:15 and 8:30. It will stay cloudy for a while sprinkling here and there. About 9 am the sky opens and the rain comes down like in the movies. You know how the actors are soaked in seconds? That kind of rain.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE rain. I love that we have been getting so much rain in the last couple of weeks. My favorite song by Garbage is "I'm Only Happy When it Rains." Because some days I am only happy when it rains and I can be like the drama queen described in the song!

I miss thunderstorms. Wally Weatherman keeps talking about thunderstorms but it must not be for where I live. When I lived in Utah I wished the rain would stop teasing me. It never rained very hard and when it did it wasn't for long. I love that it really rains here. So awesome. I just don't want to drop off Oldest Son in 15 minutes in this downpour! I want to sit on my couch, expanding that permanent indentation, watching the rain while I think of absolutely nothing but how much I love rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that I've shared my thoughts, what are your thoughts?