Society puts a lot of emphasis on sharing and other nice social skills. However, we live in a day and age where sharing is not in everyone's best interest. The following is a list of things people should just keep to themselves.
- Food - I know I know, I was also raised to share my food because it's a nice thing to do. I firmly believe that food stretches when one shares it. Barely enough food to feed your family? Invite the neighbors over for dinner and you'll be amazed that you have enough and then some for everyone. But the reality is you can hardly spit without hitting someone with some sort of dietary restriction, whether real or imagined. So share smiles and not food.
- Truth - Admit it, many broken hearts could have been spared had the truth police just kept it to themselves. Salacious gossip is a given but sometimes hopes and dreams are shattered by ill timed news. Ignorance is bliss has always been my policy!
- Love - This is a gray area. It's fantastic to share love and society should be more loving toward one another. I'm talking about inappropriate love and the consequences. I'm not going to make a list here. If you are a responsible adult you should know the consequences of sharing your love inappropriately. And if you are inappropriately sharing love chances are you are labeling another feeling love.
- Illness - Enough said! I'm so glad my kids know how to share but colds? It is ok to be selfish once in a while!
- Opinions and Advice - This one is just a suggestion because I certainly love to share my opinions and advice! Just remember to take all opinions and advice with a grain of salt. It's usually only worth what you paid for it.